This is an umbrella JIRA to capture a series of improvements to the LTI support in Sakai. At a high level, the following are the tasks:
- Build an administrator user interface that allows creation of new Basic LTI tools without using an XML descriptor
- Build an instructor user interface to create BLTI virtual tools for placement in Lesson Builder
- Add support for BLTI to Lesson Builder, integrated with the new LTI Service
- Add support for importing and exporting BLTI placements - similar to what was done for Moodle 2.1 - http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-20534
- Add support for dynamic URL remapping and instructor custom parameter configuration per the soon-to-be released Basic LTI 1.1 best practices.
The UI for this will look a lot like the Moodle Basic LTI Module and the ATutor Basic LTI support. In particular you can see the use cases of the Administrator UI and the Instructor UI. ATutor is more like what the Sakai UI will be like as ATutor supports instructor custom properties ( new Basic LTI 1.1 best practice) as well as instructor configured tools.
This will also lay down some workflow and data model elements that will be needed for Full LTI - mostly about tool lifecycle. I won't yet build the Full LTI user interface, profiles, and services - but I will put elements in place and have UI hooks that will make Full LTI provisioning, launch, import, and export come in pretty easily.