If (for example) we have a TA but no TA items the following should apply:
1. In the assignments/edit assignments stage, HIDE the 'select assign TAs' link in the assign groups table,
2. In the 'view assignments' where TAs and Lecturers are shown as totals, instead of ZERO hide the column,
3. In the Take Eval view, hide TA categories.
Thoroughly test submission validation, there may be a need to tweak selection settings by setting TAs to ZERO so that a submission can be made without the logic needing at least one TA.
So basically, for validation to be kept intact:
- DEselect all TAs at the assignments stage.
Solution will entail;
- Building a TemplateItemDataList and calling tidl,getTemplateItemGroups
- loop through the returned itemGroups and verify against EvalConstants.ITEM_CATEGORY_* vars
- check global settings for selections and use_course_category_only