When you "Add Question" to a Lessons page and provide long choice options, the text will be truncated within the "Show Poll" feature.
Steps to replicate:
- Visit https://trunk-mysql.nightly.sakaiproject.org and create at least two accounts (one as instructor and one as student)
- As instructor, create a project site, add common tools, including Lessons.
- Go to the site and Lessons
- "Add Content" > "Add Question"
- Provide a question. For example, "What is the generally accepted color of the sky on a cloudless day at the equator?"
- Provide several answer choices, such as "Black", "Red", "Blue", "Gray", "Super Awesomeness: Not really a color as much as a state of mind, really".
- Select "Show students a graph of how others responded after they answer the question"
- Click "Save"
- Click Show Poll
This issue is that if you have more than 2 choices, the options will start to squeeze into the same amount of space and begin truncating the option text. Since the full text of the answers is still visible under the question, perhaps the shrinking and truncating were implemented to keep the graph small enough to display on a mobile device?
I can see where a very long option would look awkward if it was wrapped vertically in a narrow column. A possible approach to address this would be to provide a number or letter before each choice and the graph displays just the number or letter of the selected options? If someone specifies 5 answer choices, then each option has its number in front, and below each column in the "Show Poll" results is the corresponding number?