Affects Version/s: 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.2.0, 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 2.2.3
Fix Version/s: None
In trying to produce a reduce environment to speed compile time on a slow box with little memory, I removed the following components from my Sakai source directory:
edu, gradebook, profile, sam, scheduler, sections, and syllabus
When I deployed this system, new site creation is broken. This is not a big deal because the fix is to simply not delete the directories and all is well.
I have figured out the problem and will soon commit a very simple fix - the problem comes down to a dependency between a tool being present in the template used to create new sites and having the tool present in the system.
This does not apply at all to the standard release code or any standard check out. Just a situation where you do a checkout and remove some elements from the source manually.