If an assignment is linked to one or more matrix cells, and the instructor clicks on the "grade" or "view submissions" link, the assignment icon and link displays in the linked cells for all participants, regradless of whether those students have submitted the assignment or not. The icon/link should only display in the matrices of students who submitted. To reproduce:
1. Create a portfolio site and a course site.
2. Create an publish a matrix in the portfolio site.
3. Associate the course site with the matrices tool in the portfolio site.
4. Add 3 participants to the portfolio site and add the same three users to the course site as students.
5, Create an assignment in the course site and link it to one or more cells in the portfolio site matrix.
6. Verify that the assignment does not display in the linked cells for any participant in the portfolio site.
7. Now, in Assignments click the "grade" or "view submissions" link.
8. Return to the matrix and inspect the linked cells for each student. The assignment icon and link displays, even though none of them submitted.