Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 2.6.2
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: OSP: Wizards - Matrix
Environment:2.6.2, definitely in Sakai Demo and University of Michigan 2.6.x production, probably elsewhere as well.
Create a site with Matrices, Forms, and Resources
1. Import the attached Legacy Matrix.zip
2. Preview and Publish the matrix
3. Add 4 users with "access" permission
4. Create 2 groups and put 2 users + the site owner in each group
5. Go to the matrix and select the first group
6. Select the 2nd user in the first group
7. Click the first green cell and click "Manage Status"
8. Change status to "Locked" "For this user only" and click Continue
9. Click "Back to matrix" and verify that the group is still one and the user is still the second user in the group.
10. Select the second group, then select the second user in that group
11. Click the first green cell, click Manage Status, and set the status of the cell to Locked For this user only.
12. Click "Back to matrix" and check which group and user is selected.
RESULT: The Group dropdown list will probably be set back to the first group, with the first User selected. The first cell will now look like it is locked for the first user, even though you haven't modified the cell for the first user in the group. (It should still be showing the second group with the second user selected)
13. Select another user in the first group, then select the first user again.
RESULT: The first cell of the first user in the first group is now green, as it should be.
14. Select the second group and reset the Matrices tool
15. Reselect the Matrix.
RESULT: The first group is always selected, even if you select All Groups, reset the tool, and then come back in. It should probably default to All Groups, or at least the last group selected.