1. Login as an instructor and go to the Gradebook.
2. Add a couple of Gradebook items and mark them as 'Included in Course Grade'.
3. Add a Gradebook category.
4. Return to the 'Gradebook Items' and they are no longer marked as 'Included in Course Grade".
5. Edit a 'Gradebook Item' and make the following changes before saving:
-Associate the item to the category created in step 3.
-Check the box for 'Include this item in course grade calculations'.
The item is now associated with a category and is seen as 'Included in Course Grade'.
6. Click on the Edit link for the 'Gradebook Item' you just edited.
7. This step must be done quickly... Click on the Category dropdown menu, select Unassigned, and click on the 'Save Changes' button before the 'Include this item in course grade calculations' box becomes unchecked.
Issue: The 'Gradebook Item' is NOT associated with any category and shows it is 'Included in Course Grade'.
See attached screenshot. I was able to reproduce this issue in the following browser / OS combinations:
Mac: FF, Chrome, and Safari
Win: FF, Chrome, and IE 9