The property site.title.maxlength allow long site titles fix the UI by cutting the end of the title in tabs.
We've got many long site titles and very similar, for example, "This is the subject part I", "This is the subject part II". In these cases both cutted titles appears to be the same "This is the subj...".
We want a more flexible way to do it. With 2 new properties:
site.title.cut.method = customize the cut method. Default 100:0.
site.title.cut.separator = separator string. Default ...
The value has the format X:Y, wich means X percent of maxlength at the beginning and Y percent of maxlength at the end. Now if you choose 50:50 and [...], the above example, will get something like "This is[...]part I" and "This is[...]part II".
- Max length for site title display
- Default 25 characters
- Cut method for site title display
- Default 100:0 display the first site.title.maxlength characters and the separator string at the end
- Other values:
- 0:100 display the last site.title.maxlength characters and the separator string at the beginning
- 50:50 display first site.title.maxlength*50% characters the separator string and the last site.title.maxlength*50%
- Separator string used to separate characters in cut method
- Default ...