Please see the attached screenshots which were captured in IE8. Japanese marks are garbled only when it was uploaded from Mac Firefox. And other marks are a bit different between Firefox and other browsers.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Log in to Sakai using Mac Firefox.
2. Move to Schedule -> Add -> 'Add Attachments', and upload a local file named like 'ギガバイト' or 'âäåāă'.
3. Push Continue button, input the Title and Start Time, and push 'Save Event'.
4. Log in to the same Sakai using IE8 from another Windows machine.
5. Move to Schedule, and select the added event. Then the file name is garbled or a bit odd.
It occurs because Mac Firefox uploads a file using NFD. Therefore, it can be fixed by transforming the name to NFC.