This JIRA will improve the portal's handling of pop-ups vis-a-vis JSR-168 portlets. Since JSR-168 portlets have the advantage of being in the portal's background markup, they can handle their own popups. But it turns out that there is a distinct advantage to having the popup happen as a result of the user-action (click) selecting the tool - if the popup happens as a result of user action - it bypasses asking the user to permit a popup for the Sakai site.
This will require changes in the following areas:
- The new portal and its markup generation
- The PDA portal and its markup generation
- The new Web Content portlet
- The Basic LTI portlet
- The Basic LTI sakai.web.168 portlet
- The /direct/site/ pages.json code that is used to build the drop down direct navigation links
Those changes will need to be coordinated because if the portlet stops doing the popup, assuming the portal has done the popup and the portal has not been upgraded to do the popup - it will mean that the popups will simply disappear. So changes must be applied as a group.