I noticed that if a user goes into the forums tool and reads a thread it triggers a forum.response and a forum.read with the same time stamp. The forum.response appears before the forum.read. Is this by design? I would think the forum.read event should only appear if the user is just reading a thread. If the user clicks on reply and then posts I would expect to see the forum.response.
1) As User 1 post a thread in a forum
2) As User 2 read the thread that was posted but do not click on reply. Make sure the thread was marked as read.
3) In the database find the session ID in the SAKAI_SESSION table for User 2
4) Using the session ID search the SAKAI_EVENT table for this session events
5) For the time that User 2 read the thread it shows a forum.response followed by a forum.read with the same time stamp.