Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 2.9.3
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Worksite Setup
1) Create a Source site with a Web Content tool and configure the tool with a URL.
2) Create a Destination site and attempt to import Web Content to the that site.
3) In order to make the Web Content tool available for import, you must select Web Content from the list of tools.
4) Select Yes under "Re-use Material from Other Sites You Own" and highlight the Source site (the one with the already configured Web Content tool).
5) Click the Continue button to advance to the "Re-use Material from Other Sites" page.
6) On this page you will see Web Content listed as an option. Check the associated box to indicate that you wish to import the contents of the Web Content tool from the Source site.
7) Click the Continue button to advance to the "Customize tool instances" page.
8) On this page you are prompted to enter a URL for the Web Content tool. This is incorrect - your intent is not to add a new Web Content tool but to import the content of an existing tool. Note that the previous pages have given you every indication that you are importing Web Content.
9) Don't configure the tool, just click the Continue button.
10) Click Continue again.
11) Click the Request Site button to create the site.
12) Visit the site you just created - you will see that the site has two Web Content tools, one that has imported with the expected URL and one that has not been configured. Basically, you have just added two instances of the Web Content tool to the site.
NOTE: If you do not select Web Content from the list of tools (step 3), it will not appear as a selection on the "Re-use Material from Other Sites" page (step 5) and, therefore, will not import to the new site.
In summary, you can either not import Web Content or you can import Web Content and receive (absolutely free) an extra, unneeded, and unexpected Web Content tool.
The workaround is to first create the site, then use the Import from Site option in Site Info to import your pre-configured WebContent tool from the Source site.