Affects Version/s: 2.9.3
Fix Version/s: None
Previous Issue Keys:PRFL-853
I am using the UCT installation of Sakai, known as "Vula" at https://vula.uct.ac.za (see notes at end).
Under user preferences I chose to be notified by email for all available options. However, I am not receiving emails when an announcement is made.
The course administrator reports that they can choose to notify users when making an announcement, but that all users will then receive an email, regardless of their preferences.
Thus, a user cannot elect to receive / not receive emails. Either this is a bug, or the preferences text is misleading (at least to me).
- This applies to Announcements and Resources that I know of. Other modules may also be affected.
- the reported version of Sakai on the Vula site is "Sakai 2.9 (Kernel 1.3.2-UCT-SNAPSHOT)" - I have chosen the closest version number that seems appropriate.
- If this is a known issue fixed in a future release, please let me know so I can refer the downstream project to that version for consideration
- I am not familiar enough with Sakai to know if this is a custom and/or non-standard component; if this is the case please close this ticket and let me know so I can continue communication with the downstream project
- Current workaround: log in and check daily