Currently, the Site Archive tool allows you to export individual sites and import sites individually or in a batch.
However, it requires that you have access to the filesystem in order to drop off or pick up these files.
These patch files create the following new features:
- batch export sites via the Site Archive tool based on term
- download zips of those exports via the Site Archive tool
- Create a new course with a export zip
- Only administrators can create the exports right now
- Users' site creation permissions are still in effect - if you can't create a site, then you can't create one from an archive
- Admins need some other process (cron) to clean up the archive storage folder
- I've added a realm permission to control which users see this permission (which requires a kernel patch). No one gets it by default.
You'll need to make sure the following are set in sakai.properties:
To test improved archive creation:
- Go to Admin Workspace > Site Archive
- Enter in the site id to export
- Check 'Download Archives' and you should see a link to a zip file for this site - may take a few minutes if its a large site
- You can also batch export by term, and those links will show up under 'Download Archives' too.
To test importing an archive:
- Download a zip archive file
- Go to Worksite Setup > New
- Select 'create site from archive' (The realm permission 'site.import.archive' controls if you see this option.)
- Select the type and semester
- Go through the normal site creation workflow - should select all tools you will want content for
- At the end, you will be asked to select a zip file from your computer to upload.
- Create the site
|Make the MAX_JOB_TIME configurable||RESOLVED|