On Longsight QA05, using the Make Site Page on a resource item does create a new Web Content tool and display it on the site's menu. However, clicking on the menu forces a download.
Downloading QA05 locally, and running as pack-demo, gets the same results using the property:
Then I added the property:
I was hoping that this would make the feature behave as I would anticipate, by making a menu item in the site that when one clicks it, you would see the content in Sakai, instead of being prompted to download or get an error.
Here is an example of an error (even after I made the resource public):
HTTP Status 404 -
type Status report
description The requested resource is not available.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download Sakai 10 (qa05 or 10.x I imagine)
2) Configure with properties:
content.html.force.download=false (or try without this property)
3) Create a site as instructor.
4) Add an HTML page in the Resources tool.
5) Use the "Make Site Page" option for the HTML page
6) Click on the page link that you have created.