Affects Version/s: 1.5.0, 1.5.1, 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:New JSF-based webapps. Does not affect existing tools such as syllabus and profile.
The current JSF WYSIWYG editor is incompatible with the current JSF toolbar button implementation. This does not affect button-bar buttons (which display along the bottom of the screen), it only affects toolbar buttons (which display across the top of the screen).
See the attached screenshot.
1. Enter text into the WYSIWYG editor.
2. Click on a toolbar button (a button across the top of the webapp)
The entered text will be lost.
Why this is happening:
- Modify the toolbar JSF renderer to not call form.submit() directly.
- Modify the WYSIWYG editor to somehow not rely on form.onsubmit().
- Don't allow the WYSIWYG editor on the same page as a toolbar button, and modify the JSF WYSIWYG component to check for this problem and throw an exception that the developer will notice.
None of the current Sakai tools use the WYSIWYG editor on the same page as a toolbar button. If they are not on the same page, there is no problem. So perhaps a note of this could be made.