Affects Version/s: 2.6.3
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:We are running the latest 2.0 version (including some things that are not officially part of 2.0.5) on a Sakai 2.6.x environment.
Previous Issue Keys:STAT-262
Basically, it seems that when a report is run on the Resources of a site, the available tools that SiteStats displays become limited to the tools that are part of the site in which the report was run. For example, if a site has only the Resources tool, after a report is run on the resources in that site, SiteStats will only use the Resources tool for its reporting. I will attach screenshots of the report that I ran, "Resources 1" as Report1.png and Report2.png.
- Both Site 1 and Site 2 should have the Site Stats tool.
- Both Site 1 and Site 2 should have the report, Resources 1, as presented in the images Report1.png and Report2.png.
- Site 1 should contain multiple additional tools. For example Site 1 contains Announcements, Assignments, Chat Room, Gradebook, Resources, etc.
- Site 2 should contain only a subset of the tools in Site 1. For this example, Site 2 will contain only Resources and Section Info.
- Start with a freshly loaded instance of Sakai.
- Go to the SiteStats tool in Site 1 and verify that all of the tools are listed under the Activity -> Show More widget. (See Site1Before.png).
- Run the report "Resources 1" on Site 1.
- After running this report, you can verify that all of the tools are still listed for Site 1 as in Site1Before.png
- Go to the SiteStats tool in Site 2 and verify that only a subset of the tools are listed under the Activity -> Show More widget. (See Site2Before.png).
- Run the report "Resources 1" on Site 2.
- After running this report, you can verify that all of the tools are still listed for Site 2 see Site2After.png for a comparison.
- However, after running this report, looking at Site 1 will only show a few of the tools that were available before running the report. Specifically you will only see tools that are in both Site 1 and Site 2. See Site1After.png for a screenshot.
It seems that somehow, running reports like this limit the tools that the Sitestats tool "knows about" to only those tools that were in the site when the report was run. I have a workaround that I will attach.