It is possible to make the Web Content and news tools disappear completely from the tool selection menu.
- Edit a site to add a tool and select the Web Content tool. Click Continue
- On the next screen, do not enter a URL.
- Click Back
- The tool is now missing from the list and an 'Invalid URL' error is at the top of the page.
- Similar behaviour for news tool
- If you continue to add other tools and click back, the Web Content and News tools are still not in the list and don't come back until you reset.
User can select Web Content or News tool again.
- Actual Behaviour*
Web Content and News tools are not in the site list and cannot be selected or deselected. The only way to fix this is to reset the Site Info tool completely and start again, which may result in a loss of configuration data.