As a result of feedback gained from UX testing to determine which naming/styling options for My Workspace and the Home synoptic tool page would allow users to accomplish their intended goals as easily and directly as possible, it is recommended that the following changes be made to the names for these two areas:
- Rename “My Workspace” to “Home”.
- Add “Home” text to the right of the house icon in the upper-left of the interface.
- When this new “Home” area (site) is selected, style the house icon + “Home” text as a button and highlight to match the styling used by currently selected sites in the system.
Home synoptic tools page:
- Rename “Home” to “Overview”.
- Use the following Font Awesome icon to represent the “Overview” tool: http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icon/list-ul/
Attached is a mockup of the Sakai interface with these changes represented.
For a recording of the most recent UX Working Group Call, in which the UX testing results were presented, see the following youtube video: