Rubrics is a standalone tool which can be used in Samigo, Assignments, or any other tool which wants to implement them.
There are 3 types of Rubrics:
1. Core Rubrics, provided by the University or institution
2. User-created rubrics
3. User own rubrics. These were originally based in either types (1) or (2) and then saved for each user to re-use as templates in different questions/sites. - this can be accessed through "My Rubrics" tab.
We have been using them at Rutgers for some time now, and some people finds them useful.
When being created:
Each rubric can have its rows,columns, content of cells, points and comments customized.
Should a rubric has"weighted" points, these will be assigned to each item or assignment, allowing the user to fine-adjust said points. For instance, for a given question, a rubric cell grants 70% of total points which will be marked in the assignment/samigo question. Then the grades can adjust this up/down.
3. Student Feedback: after graded, each student can see the highlighted cell category and points granted by the rubric.
For a test case, please see attached pictures.
1) Adding Core Rubric to Samigo's short answer question ( 'adding_ru_short_answer... 'pictures 1 through 6)
2) Adding a custom rubric and saving it as "My Rubric" to re-use it later on as a template ('creating_rubric' set of pictures 1 - 5)
Pull request on git to be added soon.