The assignment creation/editing page can have a lot of options, and related options are scattered throughout the form. This can lead to difficulty finding settings or making the appropriate selections. An example of this is that the gradebook settings are so far away from the grade scale that you may not notice that the assignment in ungraded when you try to add it to the gradebook.
Generally, the items on the form can be grouped as follows:
- title, instructions, attachments, honour pledge
Availability and Access
- open/due dates, hide/add due date options, display to selected groups
- submission type, resubmission settings, notifications related to submissions, content review settings
- grading scale and options, gradebook options, notifications related to grading, anonymous grading
- additional assignment options (this unfortunately groups, for technical reasons, two options that probably belong in other groups above: peer assessment and collaborative group submission), additional information
I will link a PR that reorders the settings to group related items together as described above. We can add proper visual grouping (background colour/border/indentation, etc) in the future.
See the screenshots below for how the grouped options would appear.
|Improve grouping of Turnitin options||RESOLVED|