If an instructor is grading an assignment in Assignments and has a student grading page opens and then clicks to another tool and then clicks back to Assignments they will be shown the grading page where they left it (minus any text they'd entered without saving, as expected). But if they then enter new comments and click any of the buttons that should save their work nothing happens. Their new comments are lost and regardless of which button they clicked, they are back on the student grading screen.
Instructors who write long feedback comments are losing a lot of work to this bug and losing confidence in Sakai's reliability.
Steps to reproduce:
- In a site with at least one assignment (with points grading) and student, go to the Assignments tool and click "Grade" for an assignment.
- Click on a student in the list to open the student grading screen.
- Click on another tool in the Sakai site. For example, click on the "Overview" button in the left toolbar.
- Click on the "Assignments" tool again. You should still be seeing the grading screen for the same student where you left it in the previous step.
- Enter a grade and comments and then click any of the buttons (e.g. Save and Release to student or Return to List) to save the work. It will not be saved.