The navigation buttons for grading become stacked on a vertical instead of spread out normally after an unusual workflow.
1) Create an Assignment associated with Gradebook and assign 100 points possible.
2) Take as student. As instructor assign an amount over 100 and click Save and Release.
3) Sakai correctly shows error that you are trying to enter amount above points possible. Ignore message and go to Gradebook.
4) No grade shows for student in Gradebook (which may be a problem too?)
5) Go back to Assignments. Saved grade is incorrect. (It appears that it took off two decimal places? e.g. 110 became a grade of 1.10 ? Might be yet another problem).
6) Go to navigation and it has the weird formatting as shown in the screenshot, until you log out and log back in.