Affects Version/s: 12.7, 19.4, 20.0, 21.0
Component/s: Messages Tool
Environment:Confirmed in 11.4 (local) and Trunk (https://trunk-mysql.nightly.sakaiproject.org/portal)
The BCC names are erased/cleared when a user Previews a message and then clicks Back to make changes.
STEPS TO REPLICATE
- Create a site, add the "Messages" tool
- Create at least two accounts (e.g. one instructor, one student)
- Enroll both accounts in the site
- Go to "Messages"
- "Compose Message"
- Add student into the TO
- Click "Add BCC"
- Add instructor into the BCC
- Enter a title
- Enter something in the body
- Click "Preview"
- Click "Back" (to be clear: the Back button in the Messages tool (two buttons are Send or Back), not the Back button in the web browser)
- The "BCC" line is wiped out – the user must re-enter the BCC names (or doesn't notice, sends the message, and no BCC is sent)
Thank you for reviewing this issue.