If an instructor tries to create an assignment at group level without having permissions at site level, it says he is not able to create the assignment.
The true thing is that the assignment has been created in the database, breaking the tool for the instructors which have site level access.
In Sakai 11.x the assignments are listed, in Sakai 12.x/Master the tool is broken forever, the only solution there is to delete the row physically from the database.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Create a new course site and create some sections.
- Login as instructor (I used the "instructor" account)
- Set this permissions at site level
- Try to create an assignment, it should say something like this:
- Go back as admin or a user with full site access.
- Assignments tool is completely broken.
- Assignments tool is unrecoverable unless you delete the row physically from the database.
- In 11.x is not broken, the assignments appear at site level.