It affects 11.3 and even back to Sakai 10.
1 Create a test with a multiple choice question type. Allow for Partial credit, and choose Randomize answers .
2. Take the test as a student. The display to the student moves the correct answer AND it's letter selection to a random spot.
See enclosed image "randomizedMCpartial.png"
Note: this does not happen with Radomized answers if Partial credit is not selected.
Issue: If you create a Multiple Choice, Single Selection question in a quiz and select the options Partial Credit AND Randomize Answers, when each student takes the quiz, they SHOULD see a different order of answer options. For example, if the instructor selects Option A as the correct answer, a student might see the answer options as follows:
A. Option C
B. Option A
C. Option D
D. Option B
INSTEAD they're seeing the letters always corresponding to their same answers the instructor entered in the authoring page, but listed out of order:
A. Option A
C. Option C
D. Option D
B. Option B
Screen shots from two students taking the same quiz (option letters correspond to the way the instructor saw them on authoring screen):
- In a site with at least two students, create a quiz with a Multiple Choice question.
- On the question authoring page, select the following:
- Single Correct (default)
- Enable Partial Credit
- Enter text in all 4 answer options (know which letter corresponds to which answer).
- Select a correct answer, and enter a percentage of points to award for at least one incorrect answer option.
- Under Randomize Answers, choose Yes.
- Publish the quiz.
- Take it as two students and note the order of answer options and letters each time.