Issue: Samigo's Feedback Delivery option Feedback will be displayed to the student at a specific date does not check to ensure the feedback date you enter is later than the assessment's latest acceptance date (either due date or accept late submissions date).
As a result, if you enter a date in Feedback Delivery that is EARLIER than the latest acceptance date, and students take the test AFTER the feedback display date, Samigo kindly treats the setting as if the instructor had selected Immediate Feedback and lets the student see any selected feedback WHILE they're in the process of taking the test. The issue is most likely to present itself when an instructor has duplicated/imported an older assessment - they can easily forget to update the Feedback display date even though they must update due and/or late submission dates for students to access the test.
Samigo should verify that the Feedback Delivery date is later than the latest acceptance date (either due date or accept late submissions date) and if not, warn and prevent publishing on selecting Save, Save Settings and Publish or Publish (from any screen/drop-down menu that has a publishing option available) like it does for a due date earlier than a release date.
In discussion on Teaching & Learning call, folks suggested that some language should display to the instructor about using Immediate Feedback to make feedback available to students while they take the test. The linked SAK-34674 includes language to address this concern.
- This needs to be tested in BOTH Working and Published Copies (or new Sakai 19 equivalent of Draft and published).
- If late submissions ARE accepted, but NO late accept date is entered (i.e. late accepted for eternity), it should key the "latest submission date" needed for the purpose of setting a feedback date off the assessment's due date.
- Create an assessment with several questions, where you enter Correct/Incorrect Answer Feedback in the boxes for some of the questions.
- Select Settings.
- Under Availability and Submissions, enter a due date in the future.
- Click on Grading and Feedback. Select Feedback will be displayed to the student at a specific date and enter some date in the past. Select Release Questions and the following and check ALL available feedback type boxes.
- Log in as a student and start taking the test.
- Click on the handy Feedback button to see the answers and Question-Level Feedback to the question you're viewing.
- Select some correct answers and some incorrect answers, then click on the Table of Contents; you'll see your question and part scores, because those have also been made available in the feedback.