In Sakai 11.2, once you enter a date in samigo, you can't null it. Sometimes, instructors want null dates (for example, for a placement exam that will be reused over years). UVA has developed a Clear date option (controlled with an X icon for visual users) to null unwanted dates and will contribute back.
Note: The Clear date option has been tested for accessibility - X icon is in the tab order of the Settings page and has appropriate alt tag.
- Clear cache before beginning
- Test in multiple browsers
- Test both for creating a new assessment and editing settings on a published assessment - these are two separate places in the code!
- In a site with at least one student, create a quiz with at least one question.
- Go to Settings.
- Enter some dates in each of the following date fields:
- late submissions accepted > Yes, until
- Grading and Feedback > enable feedback at specific date
- Edit the Settings.
- Verify that the clear X button clears each date-picker (sets them null) as expected
- Save, then edit Settings again, and confirm all nulled dates are still correctly null.
- Add some dates back in, Save and Publish.
- Go to Published Copies and repeat steps 1-7 above for editing a published copy.
- Verify when on the Settings screen in both Working Copies and Published Copies, you can access the X icon and use it to clear the date with a keyboard only (e.g. hit the Tab key until the icon takes focus, then Enter to trigger its action). Confirm that the X icon has an Alt tag: Clear Date.