Affects Version/s: 11.0
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Tests & Quizzes (Samigo)
Environment:Windows 10, 11.x Maintenance Branch on Oracle
Previous Issue Keys:SAM-2973
- Extended time options cannot be added to an assessment if you attempt to add an attachment in Samigo settings. You can also set up an assessment that appears to have a time limit, but actually does not.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Click on Settings for a new assessment
2. Click on Add Attachment in About this Assessment
3. In the Availability and Submissions tab, choose the drop down arrow next to "hrs." to choose a time limit for your assessment. Normally, you are not allowed to choose an hour from this drop down unless you have checked the box for the time limit to toggle it on.
- When you publish the assessment, it will say there is no time limit. When the student goes to the main page of Tests and Quizzes and sees the assessment, the student will see at time limit listed in the Time Limit column. However, on the Begin Assessment page for the student, it will again say no time limit (see attached images). Furthermore, the timer does not appear when they take the assessment.
- As an instructor, if you click on the Settings for the published copy of the assessment, you will now see that the time limit setting is toggled on, making them believe that the time limit is indeed working.
4. In addition to the time limit issue, you are also now unable to add extended time options. Clicking on "Add a Time Limit/Delivery Date Exception" simply refreshes the page.
Workaround: Add the attachment first, then save and exit from settings. Return to settings. The time limit and extended time options should be working again.