The action to merge two adjacent sections or columns in a Lessons page distorts the actual sequence of page items, which in turn, adversely affects the process of copying those items to another page.
The following steps illustrate this particular bug:
- Create two blank Lessons pages on the tool menu: Unit 1 and Unit 2.
- On the Unit 1 page, add three distinct rich-text blocks and add a section break above the second text block, such that the page looks like Figure 1.
- Then, click the merge section button such that all three text blocks are back in one section. See Figure 2. (I assume this event is where the bug resides.)
- Navigate to Unit 2 to begin the copy process.
- On the Unit 2 page, click Reorder and then “Add items from another page”.
- Click the radio button for Unit 1 and then click “Use selected item”.
- Note in the “Reorder Page Items” view that the numbered items are not consecutively numbered. In this instance, the last two items should be numbered 3 and 4 respectively instead of 4 and 5. See Figure 3.
- Select to delete all items except for the second text box-- see Figure 4-- and click “Save”.
- Note on Unit 2, that the third text box is copied instead of the intended second text box. See Figure 5.
This bug occurs whether the break created in step 2 is either a section break or a column break.