Affects Version/s: 10.1
Environment:tested on Longsight QA server against 10.1-rc01, then tested locally against the 10.0 tag to search for regressions.
Previous Issue Keys:LSNBLDR-416
Seems to affect media types with group permissions. I a Text type and an Assignment type and group permissions were respected.
Pre-requisite is to create a group and make sure at least one access participant or student is in the group, and at least one is not.
To reproduce for MP4 file:
1) Add content -> Embed Content on page
2) click Browse to upload a local MP4 (movie) file into Lessons
3) Save it
4) Click edit and restrict to a group.
As student in group:
1) go to site. Your access is behaving as expected.
As student not in group:
1) Go to site. You see a link to the media file, but when you click it, you get error HTTP Status 404 - description The requested resource is not available.
Expected: not to see the link.
To reproduce for MP3 (audio):
Same steps as above, but as instructor upload an MP3 audio file (probably applies to other formats of audio).
Expected behavior: hidden to students not in group.
Actual behavior: audio can be played within browser and downloaded.
To reproduce for PNG (image):
Same steps as for MP4 file, but as instructor upload a PNG file (or probably any image format).
Expected behavior: hidden to student not in group.
Actual behavior: hidden student sees that alt text.