Steps to recreate:
1. Upload a file to Resources
2. Go to Lessons and select “Add Content” -> “Add Content Link”.
3. Click “Or select an existing resource” and choose to add the sample file.
4. Go to Lessons and select “Edit” next to the file that was just added.
5. Click “Change File or URL”.
6. Click “Browse” under Upload file.
7. Re-upload the same file with the same filename (in this scenario, the instructor was making updates to files and re-uploading them with the same filename).
8. Click “Save”.
9. Return to Lessons and note that the path of the file is now pointing to a url ending with a filename that has “-1” after the file extension (ex. “sample.rtf-1”).
10. Go to Resources and note that filenames in the Lesson folder have the incorrect file extension. This continues in sequence (-1, -2, -3, etc.) as you cycle back through the steps to recreate with the same file