I made a movie to show the problem:
If I run through the test script below (#1) which includes assignments that are released to certain groups, in Lessons, those students sometimes see an option to submit an assignment for an assignment released to a group to which they do not belong.
NB: Even if the student sees an assignment which they shouldn't, if they try taking the assignment the system does not let them (a good thing).
I've seen it happen two ways:
1) First it shows me, as student, the right Assignments in Lessons based on my group affiliation, but then after taking an assignment it shows the one from the group to which I don't belong.
2) The other way I've seen, which is shown in the video above, is that it first shows me in Lessons a link to an Assignment for a group to which I don't belong and then when I take one of the assignments (other than the one for the group to which I don't belong) that link disappears and the presentation is correct.
I can't reproduce the problem on Sakai 11, only on Sakai 12 and I assume Sakai 13 has the same problem.
Prerequisites to reproduce the problem:
- You need to have groups set up, at least two (I use two) and students who are in one group, the other group, both groups, and neither group.
- You need the Assignments, Lessons, and Gradebook tools. Note: I've tried reproducing this problem without the gradebook tool and so far no luck. It seems to be connected to the gradebook somehow. Possibly also connected to gradebook weighting but not sure.
- I have one assignment which is required in Lessons and one assignment that "Don't release item until all prerequisites are completed". I'm not sure if this is necessary to reproduce the problem.
#1 - Detailed Test script which seems to reliably reproduce the problem in this JIRA .- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MOs7Uxjw3kxhlEcd3_vZSth0aV2tBAnO_-jIqhxVa0s/edit#gid=9