Changes in 2.6.0
- Redesign of the contention code path resulting in doubling contended throughput; now
contended pool access retains 98% of the uncontended throughput.
- issue 793 add new HikariConfig method, setScheduledExecutor(ScheduledExecutorService),
and deprecate method setScheduledExecutorService(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor). It is
unfortunate that the deprecated method has the more accurate name, but its signature
cannot be changed without breaking binary compatibility.
- issue 770 add a new property initializationFailTimeout, and deprecate configuration
- issue 774 significantly improve spike load handling.
- issues 518/769 add new metric for tracking how long physical connection acquisition is
taking. DropWizard histogram name "ConnectionCreation", and Prometheus summary name
- issue 741 cancel HouseKeeper task on pool shutdown. If the ScheduledExecutor being used
did not belong to HikariCP, this task would remain scheduled after shutdown, causing a
- issue 781 more technically accurate wording of pool startup and shutdown log messages.