Currently the FormattedText processing always returns a very wordy list of errors that are dumped on screen (sometimes). This is actually different from literally every other LMS. The rest of them silently strip dangerous content without even a warning.
The suggestion is that there be 3 levels of output. Tools would simply dump whatever was returned from the method as before but the method would return nothing when in silent mode.
(1) silent - just clean it
(2) quiet - small notice which can be optionally expanded to show all the errors
(3) noisy - all errors in a big ol box
Noisy would be the the same as the current operation in announcements.
Silent would be the same as the current operation in Forums.
NOTE: Tools in Sakai are NOT consistent in the way they handle this so there should be another ticket to handle this consistently.
content.cleaner.errors.handling = none|logged|return|notify|display (Default: notify)
- none - errors are completely ignored and not even stored at all
- logged - errors are output in the logs only
- return - errors are returned to the tool (legacy behavior)
- notify - user notified about errors using a non-blocking JS popup
- display - errors are displayed to the user using the new and fancy JS popup
content.cleaner.errors.display = true|false (false by default)