Uploaded image for project: 'Sakai'
  1. Sakai
  2. SAK-40306

Issue with the Change in Language preference from Instructors account

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Test Plan:
      Hide

      Test Plan :

      1. Login  as an Instructor.
      2. Open Sites ,click on the Preferences.
      3. Click on the Language and change the language to any international language(I did US_English to Spanish)
      4. Click Update Preferences 

           Message will be displayed : "Your preferences have been updated successfully."

            5. Open any page to see the changes (i tested using tool Site info then manage tools  in one of the course site)

      You will see some text will be changed to the international language and some will still be in English.

      When logged in the same account in different browser the entire site text will be in the changed international language .And when tried to change back to the the previous language ,it will behave in the same manner.

       

      Show
      Test Plan : Login  as an Instructor. Open Sites ,click on the Preferences. Click on the Language and change the language to any international language(I did US_English to Spanish) Click Update Preferences       Message will be displayed : "Your preferences have been updated successfully."       5. Open any page to see the changes (i tested using tool Site info then manage tools   in one of the course site) You will see some text will be changed to the international language and some will still be in English. When logged in the same account in different browser the entire site text will be in the changed international language .And when tried to change back to the the previous language ,it will behave in the same manner.  

      Description

      When logged in an instructors account , tried to change the language preference from English to Spanish and then back to English.The language change is not reflected on the entire Text on the site but only on the few of the text.Even after we try to Reload the page the text remains same.

      After the language preference is changed and the site is opened using separate browser it will have the site text in the new changed Language but it behaves the same if we try to change the language back to English.

      I have attached the snips for both the servers.

                Browser : Chrome and Firefox 

                Snips : S2ENew1.jpg for Spanish to English and New.jpg is English to Spanish

                Snips : S2E _Firefox.jpg for Spanish to English and E2S_Chrome.jpg is English to Spanish

           

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

          1. E2S_Chrome.JPG
            E2S_Chrome.JPG
            177 kB
          2. English to spanish.JPG
            English to spanish.JPG
            168 kB
          3. New.JPG
            New.JPG
            237 kB
          4. S2E_Firefox.JPG
            S2E_Firefox.JPG
            162 kB
          5. S2ENew 1.JPG
            S2ENew 1.JPG
            259 kB

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                maintenanceteam Core Team
                Reporter:
                Prabhleen Prabhleen Kaur
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                2 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:

                  Git Source Code