Affects Version/s: 11.4, 12.3, 19.0
Environment:Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Sakai 19.x Trunk (nightly server on MySQL)
A user with Instructor role can't grade submissions unless either asn.submit or asn.revise permissions are assigned. asn.grade is not sufficient.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in as admin
- Create a new course site including Assignments tool
- Add a new assignment with grade scale and maximum points
- Go to the Realm for the site
- Modify the instructor role so that asn.submit and asn.revise permissions are not selected.
- Add a student user and instructor user. Add them as members of the new site with roles of Student and Instructor, respectively.
- Log in as student user. Navigate to the new site and Assignments tool. Type something in the submissions box and click Submit.
- Log in as instructor. Navigate to the new site and Assignments tool. Click the submission for the student.
- Add a grade value and some comments, then Save and Release to Student. You will not get a message saying "Comments and/or grade have been saved".
- Click Return to List. The Assignment will show up as Ungraded.
- Go back to Realms and turn on either asn.submit or asn.revise for the Instructor role. You can also do this with the Permissions tab within Assignments.
The assignment can now be graded by the instructor user.