Uploaded image for project: 'Sakai'
  1. Sakai
  2. SAK-40904

Import from site: stack traces in logs

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: OPEN
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: 20.0 [Tentative]
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      trunk-mysql.nightly.sakaiproject.org, Build Info: 0d124984
      Win10: Chrome
    • Test Plan:
      Hide

      Site1:

      1. Add several tools to the site
      2. Add some content to the site

      Site2:

      1. Click Site Info -> Import from site
      2. Select "I would like to replace my data"
      3. Select Site1 to import from
      4. Check the box at the top to automatically select everything
      5. Click Finish

      Site3:

      1. Add a couple of tools that also exist in site1
      2. Click Site Info -> Import from site
      3. Select "I would like to merge my data"
      4. Select Site1 to import from
      5. Select all tools from that contain content in site1

      Look in the logs after each import. Expected behavior: there shouldn't be any stack traces 

      Show
      Site1: Add several tools to the site Add some content to the site Site2: Click Site Info -> Import from site Select "I would like to replace my data" Select Site1 to import from Check the box at the top to automatically select everything Click Finish Site3: Add a couple of tools that also exist in site1 Click Site Info -> Import from site Select "I would like to merge my data" Select Site1 to import from Select all tools from that contain content in site1 Look in the logs after each import. Expected behavior: there shouldn't be any stack traces 

      Description

      Discovered while testing: SAK-40900

      I had one site with some stuff in it (FUSF_902X_2719) and imported into 2 sites:

      1) LKLX_967H_9815: there was nothing in this site, kept all defaults, it did have students from site creation job. Option used: I would like to replace my data

      For the above site, I just checked the checkbox to import the entire site.

      I did not see any errors in the UI, but I looked at the logs in trunk and saw stack traces. I added more stuff, then repeated the import in a new site, this time using "I would like to merge my data"

      2) SVWB_829N_6229: site had Overview, Resources, Site Info, Search; kept all defaults, had students from site creation job. Option used: I would like to merge my data

      For the above site, I checked individual components to import. I saw some errors here also in the logs, but nothing in the UI.

       

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                steve.swinsburg Steve Swinsburg
                Reporter:
                agschmidt Andrea Schmidt
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                2 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:

                  Git Source Code