- FEATURE: You can now configure @FieldNameConstants to CONSTANT_CASE the generated constants, using a lombok.config option. See the FieldNameConstants documentation. Issue #2092.
- FEATURE: You can now suppress generation of the builder method when using @Builder; usually because you're only interested in the toBuilder method. As a convenience we won't emit warnings about missing @Builder.Default annotations when you do this. Issue #2046
- FEATURE: You can now change the access modifier of generated builder classes. Issue #2083.
- FEATURE: When using @NonNull, or any other annotation that would result in a null-check, you can configure to generate an assert statement instead. Issue #2078.
- FEATURE: Lombok now knows exactly how to treat @com.fasterxml.jackson.annotation.JsonProperty and will copy it to the right places for example when making builders. Issue #1961 Issue #1981.
- PLATFORM: A few lombok features (most notably delombok) failed on JDK12. Issue #2082
- BUGFIX: var/val on methods that return an intersection type would now work in Eclipse. Issue #1986
- BUGFIX: Fix for java6 regression if a field has javadoc. Issue #2066
- BUGFIX: Delombok now delomboks java10's own var as var and not as the actual underlying type. Issue #2049
- BUGFIX: If you use @Builder and manually write the build() method in your builder class, javac would error out instead of deferring to your implementation. Issue #2050 Issue #2061
- BUGFIX: @SuperBuilder together with @Singular on non-lists would produce an erroneous emptyList call. Issue #2104.
- IMPROBABLE BREAKING CHANGE: For fields and parameters marked non-null, if the method body starts with an assert statement to ensure the value isn't null, no code to throw an exception will be generated.
- IMPROBABLE BREAKING CHANGE: When using ecj to compile java code with @Builder or @SuperBuilder in it, and a builder setter method was generated for a @NonNull-marked method, no explicit null check would be present. However, running javac on the exact same file would produce the null check. Now ecj also produces this null check. Issue #2120.
- IMPROBABLE BREAKING CHANGE: We slightly changed the message of the exception lombok generates to handle @NonNull marked parameters. Issue #2122.