Affects Version/s: 12.7, 19.3, 20.0, 21.0
Component/s: Feedback Tool
Environment:Ubuntu 16.04, Java 8, Tomcat 8.5.24, MySQL 5.6.10 (AWS Aurora)
The feedback (Contact Us) tool does not appear to work when trying to send an attachment larger than a small text file. Here is the procedure to reproduce (I did this on the Sakai nightly Experimental Trunk system).
1. Verify that outbound SMTP is enabled. These two properties will suffice:
2. Log in as admin and add the Contact Us tool to a site
3. Edit the Site Information and verify that there is a valid e-mail address in Site Contact Email field.
4. Define a new user with a valid e-mail address and add as a member of the site.
5. Log in as the new user, navigate to the site and click Contact Us.
6. In the "Problem with content" box, click the "Report the problem..." link.
7. Select the site owner as the recipient, and provide a Subject and Summary.
8. Click "Choose File" and select a file which is relatively large but smaller than the maximum allowed.
9. Click Submit
10. The log will show an error like this: