Status: Awaiting Review
Affects Version/s: 19.1, 20.0 [Tentative]
Fix Version/s: None
If an LTI tool is added with a tool link (left menu) and is set to open in a new window, it will open two windows to the tool when a user clicks on the tool.
The issue seems to be that the LTI portlet is popping up a window ("window.open('/access/basiclti/...','BasicLTI')"), but it also sets the popup property on the tool placement which makes the portal open a new window too. Removing the "popup=true" property on the tool placement in Sites will prevent the double-popup once, but the LTI portlet sets "popup=true" again so it will double-pop it next time.
I'm not sure if the portlet's "window.open" should be removed or if the "popup=true" on the tool placement should, or if they just need to learn how to work together.
- Add an LTI tool to a site or Sakai and configure it to always open in a new window. (The tool can be fake for the purposes of this test.)
- Go to Site info in a site and go to Manage Tools and add the external tool and save.
- Click on the tool. (The very first time it will only open one window because the "popup=true" tool property hasn't been set yet.)
- Click on a different tool in the site, such as Overview.
- Click back on the external tool and it will open two windows.
From this point on switching to a different tool and then switching back to the external tool will cause double popping.