Uploaded image for project: 'Sakai'
  1. Sakai
  2. SAK-42489

LTI Advantage: UTF-8 error when trying to get the roster

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Test Plan:
      Hide
      1. As an admin, following the instructions on https://www.tsugi.org/md/ADVANTAGE_SAKAI.md
      2. Click on Administration Workspace -> External Tools
      3. Add the LTI Advantage tool https://dev1.tsugicloud.org/mod/lmstest/ 
      4. I checked the following:
        •  Send Names to the External Tool
        •  Send Email Addresses to the External Tool
        • Allow External Tool to return grades
        • Allow External Tool to create grade columns
        • Provide Roster to External Tool
        • Allow External Tool to store setting data
        • Allow the tool to be launched as a link (this is typically true for most tools)
      5. After you've completed adding the tool, add the student RAMÓN NÚÑEZ PÉREZ to your site
      6. Add the tool in Lessons (quickest)
      7. Launch the tool and click on Names and Roles
      8. Click on the Roster tab in the tool

       

      Show
      As an admin, following the instructions on  https://www.tsugi.org/md/ADVANTAGE_SAKAI.md Click on Administration Workspace -> External Tools Add the LTI Advantage tool  https://dev1.tsugicloud.org/mod/lmstest/   I checked the following:  Send Names to the External Tool  Send Email Addresses to the External Tool Allow External Tool to return grades Allow External Tool to create grade columns Provide Roster to External Tool Allow External Tool to store setting data Allow the tool to be launched as a link (this is typically true for most tools) After you've completed adding the tool, add the student RAMÓN NÚÑEZ PÉREZ to your site Add the tool in Lessons (quickest) Launch the tool and click on Names and Roles Click on the Roster tab in the tool  

      Description

      I added the LTI 1.3 tool for https://dev1.tsugicloud.org/mod/lmstest/

      I followed the instructions in the document: https://www.tsugi.org/md/ADVANTAGE_SAKAI.md

      I added the following students to my site to see how the tool would handle the names:

      • Randy O'Dell
      • RAMÓN NÚÑEZ PÉREZ

      After launching the tool in the site, I tried to view the roster and received the following error:

      Unable to parse returned roster JSON: Malformed UTF-8 charactersm possibly incorrectly encoded

      I removed RAMÓN NÚÑEZ PÉREZ and then it worked.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                csev Charles Severance
                Reporter:
                agschmidt Andrea Schmidt
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                2 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:

                  Git Source Code