Type: Feature Request
Status: Awaiting Review
Affects Version/s: 19.2, 19.3, 20.0 [Tentative]
Fix Version/s: None
In Gradebook NG, there's no way for an instructor to allow a TA to access the drop-down menus in the Course Grade column, create gradebook items, modify the gradebook setup, or export/import grades as a spreadsheet. In some cases, instructors want their TAs to manage all aspects of the Gradebook, and they could do this in Gradebook Classic, so it appears to be a regression.
I propose the following new permissions options for instructors to give to TAs. Note: If these permissions seem too broad, make it so the TAs have to be able to grade all items for all students in the site before they can have these other permissions.
- If the TA has permission to view course grades for their sections, allow them to use the Show Scores option in the Course Grade column to see the total points/percentages that result in those letter grades.
- If the TA has permission to view course grades for their sections, allow them to enter an override grade in the Course Grade column for the students they can grade.
- Create gradebook items and add them to categories.
- Edit gradebook items.
- Edit the Gradebook Settings.
- Access and use the Export/Import options.