Affects Version/s: 12.7, 19.3, 20.0, 21.0 [Tentative]
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Tests & Quizzes (Samigo)
Verify the icon has been updated to the one specified in the ticket.
Verify the icon is updated in Gradebook and Lessons - and anywhere else Samigo might be linked.
Verify the icon behaves appropriately when the tool is hidden.
Verify the icon looks okay when tool menu is collapsed.
Verify the icon looks okay in multiple browsers, and in mobile.Verify the icon has been updated to the one specified in the ticket. Verify the icon is updated in Gradebook and Lessons - and anywhere else Samigo might be linked. Verify the icon behaves appropriately when the tool is hidden. Verify the icon looks okay when tool menu is collapsed. Verify the icon looks okay in multiple browsers, and in mobile.
We've had a number of students at our campus miss quizzes because of some confusion over the icon for Samigo. When a test is linked in Lessons, the checkmark icon that displays makes students think that they have already completed the quiz, and thus they don't click on the link.
Here's an example of what this looks like:
You can see how students might think that those quizzes are 'done' since they are 'checked off.'
If we were to change the icon, Alan Regan suggested the following icon options from Font Awesome Version 4.X:
- Forms: https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icon/wpforms
- Magic Wand: https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icon/magic
- Map Pin: https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icon/map-pin
- Map Signs: https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icon/map-signs
- Puzzle Piece: https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icon/puzzle-piece
- Road: https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icon/road
- Rocket: https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icon/rocket
- Trophy: https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icon/trophy
- STACKED icon – File + Numbered List (https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icon/file-o and https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icon/list-ol)
- STACKED icon – Square + Numbered List (https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icon/square-o and https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icon/list-ol)
He suggested the following from Version 5:
- Stopwatch (Algolia): https://fontawesome.com/icons/algolia?style=brands
- Atom: https://fontawesome.com/icons/atom?style=solid
- Award: https://fontawesome.com/icons/award?style=solid
- Balance Scale: https://fontawesome.com/icons/balance-scale?style=solid
- (Ballot – but this is a paid icon... not sure how that works for open-source: https://fontawesome.com/icons/ballot-check?style=regular )
- Brain: https://fontawesome.com/icons/brain?style=solid
- Certificate (don't recommend since too similar in look to gear for Site Info or the asterisk for required items in Lessons): https://fontawesome.com/icons/certificate?style=solid
- Clipboard: https://fontawesome.com/icons/clipboard?style=regular
- Clipboard List: https://fontawesome.com/icons/clipboard-list?style=solid
- (Stack Clipboard and Pencil? https://fontawesome.com/icons/clipboard?style=regular and https://fontawesome.com/icons/pencil-alt?style=solid )
- Compass: https://fontawesome.com/icons/compass?style=regular
Alan also suggested instead of changing the icon: "Add a feature in Lessons to check the "state" of an attached activity (e.g. Not Started, Started, Submitted, etc.). Add the text label in parentheses to the right of the object to better guide the participant. "