Affects Version/s: 12.7, 19.4
Fix Version/s: None
This Jira is a result of testing
SAK-41275. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request, but once the instructor sets a group for an assignment with a group submissions, after a submission has been made, the instructor should not be allowed to edit the group(s) in the assignment.
Initially, this also affected 20, but as of 10/29, once there was a submission, the instructor was no longer able to modify the group(s) in the assignment.
Allowing the instructor to change groups after a submission has been made has some strange consequences and I cannot understand what the expected result should be in the following case:
- Instructor creates group submission assignment for group1 (contains student1)
- Student1 submits the assignment
- Instructor creates group2 which contains student1 and student2
- Instructor modifies assignment after submission, removes group1 and sets group2
Now student1 is a member of both groups and had already submitted as group1.
- Should that be considered the submission for group2?
- If not, and student2 submits, should that overwrite what student1 submitted?
I created a sheet which lists the steps and compares side-by-side the servers:
In this workbook, there are also links at the bottom for videos for each server.
I also grabbed the server logs from the point forward where student1 submits as a group1 user.
I think 19x and 12x should behave as trunk does now, not allow any changes after a group submission to "display to" in the assignment.