Affects Version/s: 12.0, 12.1, 12.2, 12.3, 12.4, 12.5, 12.6, 12.7, 12.8 [Tentative], 19.0, 19.1, 19.2, 19.3, 19.4, 19.5, 20.0, 20.1, 21.0 [Tentative]
Fix Version/s: 22.0 [Tentative]
Component/s: Drop box
Create a new site, adding the Drop Box tool, and finishing the creation process Go to the site Verify that the "Drop Box" tool appears in the main menu with no icons (it's available for instructors and students). Go to Site Info Go to Tool Order Verify that no icon displays to the right of the Drop Box line Verify that the options in the gear menu for Drop Box are: Edit Tool Title, Make Tool Invisible to Students, Lock Access to this Tool, and Delete this Tool.
- Create a new site, adding the Drop Box tool, and finishing the creation process
- Go to the site
- Verify that the "Drop Box" tool appears in the main menu with no icons (it's available for instructors and students).
- Go to Site Info
- Go to Tool Order
- Verify that no icon displays to the right of the Drop Box line
- Verify that the options in the gear menu for Drop Box are: Edit Tool Title, Make Tool Invisible to Students, Lock Access to this Tool, and Delete this Tool.
Starting with Sakai 12, a "lock" icon started to incorrectly appear in the "Tool Order" menu for instructors with the Drop Box tool. This icon is incorrect since the tool is not locked and is accessible to students.
- Create a project or course site
- Add the "Drop Box" tool
- Finish site creation
- Visit the site
- The left menu will display the tool (with no icon in the menu). Both instructors and students can visit the tool without issues.
- As instructor, go to "Site Info" and select "Tool Order."
- You'll see that a lock icon appears by the "Drop Box" tool. If you hover over the icon, it claims that the tool is disable for normal users, which is not true. The tool is not locked at all.
(Below) Screen image of the Site Info > Tool Order menu and the lock icon is incorrectly present for the Drop Box tool.
- Don't display the "lock" icon unless the tool is actually locked.
- This issue did not exist in Sakai 11. It seems to have been introduced when the "Lock" feature was added to the "Drop Box" tool with Sakai 12. This issue can be found in Sakai 12, 19, 20, and Trunk (21).
- The "Drop Box" tool will display all drop box folders for all students to instructors, but students will only see their own folder.
- If an instructor chooses "enable access to this tool" from the default status, the lock icon will go away but no behavior change happens (students can see and access the tool originally as well as after the enable action happens).
- After selecting "enable," if the instructor returns to Tool Order and then locks the tool, both the "hidden" (eye slash) and "locked" (padlock) icons appear. At this point, the tool is actually locked for students.