Affects Version/s: 19.3, 20.0, 21.0 [Tentative]
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Tests & Quizzes (Samigo)
20 status:Please Merge
19 status:Please Merge
Follow the test plan for
SAK-34373. When presented with the "Data Discrepancy" error, ensure that all the possible scenarios from the description of this ticket are provided to the user in the message.
SAK-34373 introduced some logic to handle data discrepancy issues in the event that multiple quizzes are accessed simultaneously. The error message states:
You are seeing this page because there was a problem saving your responses. Two common causes for this issue:
1. When the same assessment is taken in multiple windows
2. When a user did not save their answers before a timed assessment expired
In both cases, which answers actually got saved depended on when a user last clicked Next or Exit
If you are taking the assessment in multiple browser windows, close all windows except one.Click <buttonTitle> to return to the assessments list. Retake the assessment if it is still available for you to do so.
If you are taking the assessment in multiple browser windows, close all windows except one. Retake the assessment if it is still available for you to do so.
While the information provided here is true, it's not an exhuastive list of things that can cause this problem. Other issues that should be communicated to the user:
- For item one, it's not just that the same assessment is open in multiple tabs; it could be multiple different tests open in multiple tabs
- Opening a test, then opening a second tab. In the second tab, navigating to the Tests & Quizzes tool in that or any other site
- Opening a test, then opening a second tab. In the second tab, opening a Feedback page from that or a different test
- Logging into the system and accessing a test and/or the Tests & Quizzes tool in any site on two devices (e.g., computer and phone) simultaneously.