Uploaded image for project: 'Sakai'
  1. Sakai
  2. SAK-44970

Assignment from site import: Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #id$placement

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • 21 Status:
      Verified
    • Test Plan:
      Hide

      As the admin, add an LTI 1.3 and LTI 1.1 tool on the server, if there aren't any

      As the instructor:

      1. Create an assignment, selecting  External Tool (LTI) from the submission dropdown
      2. Click the Select External Tool (LTI) button
      3. Select Trophy
      4. Click Grade this assignment and send it to the GB
        • For 1.1, make it 100 points
        • For LTI 1.3, make it 1 point
      5. Post the assignment
      6. As the student click on the assignment and click the Go to External Tool link
      7. You should see You earned a trophy!
      8. Check the GB, make sure the score was recorded
      9. Add a second assignment that is a normal in line type - not an LTI type assignment to make sure there is no regression in copying non-LTI assignments.

      As the instructor, in a new site:

      1. Add the same student(s) as in the first site
      2. Click on Site Info > Import from site
      3. Select the replace content option
      4. Select the first site with the assignments in it
      5. Select all tools in the next screen and select the option to publish assignments
      6. Click Finish
      7. As the student, click on Assignments > imported assignment
      8. Click the Go to External Tool link
      9. Make sure the other assignment imported and has the proper data.

      Expected: You should see the message You earned a trophy!

      Currently: Nothing displays, there is a console error, an error in the server logs, and when the assignment was first opened, for External Tool, the value shows as $assignment.ContentId 

      Note: Some code from the Lessons code that copies LTI items between courses was moved into a library so it could be shared between Assignments and Lessons because they need to solve the same problem.   It should not have introduced a regressions in copying LTI items in Lessons between sites - but it is always good to check.

       

       

      Show
      As the admin, add an LTI 1.3 and LTI 1.1 tool on the server, if there aren't any As the instructor: Create an assignment, selecting  External Tool (LTI) from the submission dropdown Click the Select External Tool (LTI) button Select Trophy Click Grade this assignment and send it to the GB For 1.1, make it 100 points For LTI 1.3, make it 1 point Post the assignment As the student click on the assignment and click the Go to External Tool link You should see You earned a trophy! Check the GB, make sure the score was recorded Add a second assignment that is a normal in line type - not an LTI type assignment to make sure there is no regression in copying non-LTI assignments. As the instructor, in a new site: Add the same student(s) as in the first site Click on Site Info > Import from site Select the replace content option Select the first site with the assignments in it Select all tools in the next screen and select the option to publish assignments Click Finish As the student, click on Assignments > imported assignment Click the Go to External Tool link Make sure the other assignment imported and has the proper data. Expected : You should see the message You earned a trophy! Currently : Nothing displays, there is a console error, an error in the server logs, and when the assignment was first opened, for External Tool, the value shows as $assignment.ContentId  Note: Some code from the Lessons code that copies LTI items between courses was moved into a library so it could be shared between Assignments and Lessons because they need to solve the same problem.   It should not have introduced a regressions in copying LTI items in Lessons between sites - but it is always good to check.    

      Description

      I tested LTI tools (1.1 & 1.3) placements in Lessons, Announcements, Syllabus, and Assignments and then had a student test all.

      I then did a site import, selecting the replace option and all tools, and enabled the option to publish the assignments on import.

      I had the student test all tools in the new site and assignments fail. I made a video and didn't realize until afterward that the microphone was muted, but I think you can tell what happened.

      Original Site:
      21x-AGS FEB 02E Spring 2020
      https://qa21-mysql.nightly.sakaiproject.org/portal/site/4436d21c-4318-4e43-978a-558f97c5c6a2

      Imported into:
      21x-AGS FEB 02G Spring 2020
      https://qa21-mysql.nightly.sakaiproject.org/portal/site/81eb52cf-0388-4ee7-ad4a-c6152e737b0e

      21x - Server logs
      02-Feb-2021 19:40:44.115 ERROR [pool-5-thread-6] org.sakaiproject.assignment.impl.AssignmentServiceImpl.transferCopyEntities java.lang.NullPointerException oAssignmentId=674da1ac-2487-4968-aa80-e73810043dec nAssignmentId=cafb56bb-637b-46a3-b6e2-fbfc36a3a979
      02-Feb-2021 19:40:44.167 ERROR [pool-5-thread-6] org.sakaiproject.assignment.impl.AssignmentServiceImpl.transferCopyEntities java.lang.NullPointerException oAssignmentId=db7dff2c-0903-4de3-b01d-1a99f431faaa nAssignmentId=bcfab7b5-4ba1-44d6-90ab-aca30ddd4601

       

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Zeplin

            Attachments

              Activity

                People

                Assignee:
                csev Charles Severance
                Reporter:
                agschmidt Andrea Schmidt
                Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                4 Start watching this issue

                  Dates

                  Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved:

                    Git Integration