The legacy tools which browse available sites (including "Worksite Setup" and the Gateway "Sites" tool which shows available sites to visitors) need several improvements.
1) Performance issues need to be taken care of. (Probably a redesign of some underlying services will be needed to achieve this, since the necessary data is currently spread among different tables.)
2) Sorting by "Term" must be supported for course sites. (Making this efficient may also require some service redesign, since the term is not currently exposed as a column in the database.)
3) Visitors should be given a direct link to the public content of a site, if such a page exists.
- An instructor logs in, goes to Worksite Setup, and sorts sites by term in order to find course sites from last fall.
- A new student visits the institution's LMS to see what sort of Sociology classes are being offered. Without logging in, she's able to quickly see a list of this term's sites. She clicks on the "Public Page" link for one and gets an idea of what's being done there.