- Currently, there is a single sakai-wide property named 'samigo.editPubAssessment.restricted'.
- UVa adds a check for a site property 'samigo.editPubAssessment.restricted'.
- An Admin user must add this property, per site, when desired.
- If this site property exists, obey it.
- Otherwise, use the global sakai-wide property by the same name.
- Rationale: we enhanced the use of this property so it can also be set on a per site basis, rather than only on a global basis.
- This is a short term fix to allow instructors who need to be able to edit points for published assessment questions to do so, then regrade and republish. We make this available on request and take the opportunity to explain the caveats described below.
- We are concerned about possible negative ramifications with the current implementation that, if enabled in sakai.properties, potentially allows any instructor to edit question text, in addition to point values and correct responses, after students have responded to it.
- Ultimately, we want a property to allow editing of question point values and/or correct responses, and subsequently to regrade and republish, without also allowing edits to the text of a published question when submissions have already occurred.
UVa contributes a patch we developed for this issue: editPubAssessmentRestricted-perSite.patch